Central IT (CIT)
The university's central IT organization is comprised of Cornell Information Technologies (CIT) and the CIO's Office. They collaborate with the IT Service Groups (ITSGs) and a variety of partners and stakeholders to manage the IT infrastructure and provide university-wide services to the Cornell community.
- Cornell Information Technologies (CIT) is responsible for supporting the business infrastructure, informational software, and video, data, and telecommunications services at Cornell. CIT is based in three locations on Cornell's Ithaca campus (see map below): the Computing and Communications Center (CCC) on the Ag Quad; Rhodes Hall on Hoy Road near the Engineering Quad; and 120 Maple Avenue next to Transportation Services. The CIO's office is located in Day Hall.
- Some IT functions report directly to the CIO. See below.
For information about and help with CIT services, including security, collaboration services, email, instructional technlogies, Wi-Fi and networks, telephone service, and more, visit the IT Services and Support web site.
Ted Dodds, Chief Information Officer and Vice President for Information Technologies
- Sasja Huijts, Director, Planning and Program Management
- Dave Lifka, Associate CIO & Director of the Center for Advanced Computing
- Wyman Miles, Director, IT Security Office
- Scott Sheavly, IT Administration
- Barbara Friedman, Director, Academic Technologies
- Dave Vernon, Associate CIO - CIT Services
- Executive Technology Support
- CIT Support
- CIT Information Systems
- CIT Infrastructure
- IT Services and Support
- IT@Cornell News
- IT@Cornell (IT community and CIO website)
- IT@Cornell Organizational Charts